Thread: Top 10 Commonly Used Laser Materials?

Top 10 Commonly Used Laser Materials?

Now that the laser is purchased I'm looking at suppliers for materials. I'v ordered catalogs from JDS and Jhonstons, are there others I should consider? The business side is going to focus on industrial and b2b work so signs, tags and that sort.

What are the 10 most commonly used materials in your shops?

Does anyone offer a starter packaged with most of them in it? Anyone have some scraps that I could buy?

Also wanted to thank everyone here. I think I have about 20+ hours in reading all the great information that has been put out on these forms. I can't wait to start contributing.
    Last edited by Kit Dumph; 09-23-2014 at 1:22 PM.

Leather and thin wood need to be on your list. Check out Laserbits dot com for ideas too including foils.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

what are those?
    Epilog Helix 50 Watt
    MacBook Pro, VMware, Windows 8.1, CorelDrawX7, AutoCad13, PhotoShop CS6

Common Engraveable materials would be Wood(Alder, Cherry and Walnut), Acrylic, Laserable Plastic, Glass, Painted Brass, Anodized Aluminum, Corian/Avonite, Marble and Metals with a Cermark(Thermark) Coating. There are others but Ive worked with mostly those I listed. The most common ones I have work with would be Wood, Plastic, Brass and Aluminum. AL already pointed you toward Laserbits which is a great site however I find they are a little pricey. A supplier my company has recently started using is Bur-Lane, you could check them out too.