Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendations for extracting to air.

Hiya All,

New ducting in place (no sharp bends!), and my axminster whirling away sucking small animals and any other passing objects through the grating on the front of my laser!!

Thanks to all who helped, especially Dave who went above and beyond!

Regards,

Nige.

Nigel,

What ducting did you settle on in the end as I am starting to plan my set up.

Do you ave any pics as you seem very proud of your new setup

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Gilbert View Post
    Hiya All,

New ducting in place (no sharp bends!), and my axminster whirling away sucking small animals and any other passing objects through the grating on the front of my laser!!

Regards,

Nige.

Hiya,

I can take some pics Monday as I'm back from my workshop atm. It's not a pretty set up but it works!! I used this type of ducting:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/clear-med...xtraction-hose

Hope that helps,

Nige.

Nice one - with the added advantage of seeing which small animals have been sucked through so maybe it will be a new type of reality show.

Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Gilbert View Post
    Hiya All,

Regards,

Nige.

Your most welcome Nige, just make sure you count visitors in and out...if any are missing check the pipes
    You did what !

I wouldn't use a filter system unless you're doing metal marking or something else fairly clean. You want an exhaust fan sized appropriate to your laser. Something that looks like this should work for your machine, just remove the bag and vent outside. You can use silicone or foil tape to seal the fan assembly and all hoses.
    170 watt pulsed CO2 laser from Vytek, 48x96" table
    90 watt XY galvo from Vytek
    32" hydraulic paper cutter
    30" Potdevin heated glue applicator with matching presser.