Thread: for those with the Wynn filter on a Delta 50-760

for those with the Wynn filter on a Delta 50-760

if you're attaching the filter with turnbuckles on the inside, how do you use the felt ring on the inside to attach the bag? I see photos of people doing but just don't get it -- once you attach the filter, then you can't access the inside of the bag to get the ring on/off.
    Last edited by Paul Mattaliano; 10-04-2014 at 9:40 PM. Reason: clarification

Not a direct answer. I gave up on the turnbuckles and just you a lightweight ratchet tie down. It hooks onto the outside of the dc frame, and over the top of the filter. After many hours of turnbuckle futzing, this method worked instantly and consistently

good luck

mike

I attached the turnbuckles to the ridge 3 inches down or so. I might have bought different turnbuckles but I dont remember. The filter ring goes on the lower section and isn't even close to the turnbuckles.

~mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson View Post
    The filter ring goes on the lower section and isn't even close to the turnbuckles.

~mark
    correct but once the filter is on, how do you get the lower bag on with the ring? you need access to the inside of the bag to install/remove the ring.

if I were an octopus with opposable thumbs I'd just use the POS band clamp

I use the band clamp for the plastic bag and always have. It takes some getting used to and some awkward techniques but it works. I have a thein separator, so I haven't had to deal with the band clamp in about two years when I upgraded to the Wynn filter.

I also use the band clamp. I used to use the ring before I had the Wynn filter, but switched to the band clamp after installing the filter. You can use double-sided tape to hold the bag onto the collar while you try to line up and fasten the band clamp. Like Matt, I also have a separator (Super Dust Deputy in my case), so I don't deal with the bag much anymore.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

I made a wooden "donut" and attached it to first to the dust collector base and then connected the filter to the donut. I couldn't figure out the turnbuckle either

You slip the bag over the ring, say 4 or inches or so on all sides. You then press the ring, into position in the slot of the delta. Keep pressing and the ring will start to collapse, now let go and the ring will expand again and lock in. Its a very tight fit. Hope I described that sufficiently. The bag is easily removed and put back with the ring. The filter doesn't need to be touched. Dont remember if the ring came with the Wynn filter or not. Must have. I dont empty the bag very often because I pre-separate with a super dust deputy. When I see anything in the bag I know Its time to empty the 35 gal drum.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mattaliano View Post
    correct but once the filter is on, how do you get the lower bag on with the ring? you need access to the inside of the bag to install/remove the ring.

if I were an octopus with opposable thumbs I'd just use the POS band clamp
    Last edited by Mark Carlson; 10-05-2014 at 5:13 PM.