Thread: English Walnut Crotch Plate

English Walnut Crotch Plate

English Walnut Crotch Plate. This came from a piece of firewood in my friends wood pile, had a few punky spots and some spalting. Even though it was dry it still moved a little and the rim has a little wobble in it. 8.50" X 1.0", wet sanded with Danish Oil, 3 wheel buffed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Call me Jim, James seems so stuffy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Nice piece. Good save from the firewood pile.

I need a friend who has english walnut crotch in their firewood pile! very pleasing plate.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

I'd spend more time digging through the firewood looking for more pieces.

Nice save. It turned out really great.

Thanks everyone for your comments. There is still another half of this crotch, I'm letting it dry a while longer since this one did move a little bit, hoping to get a nice sister piece from it.
    Call me Jim, James seems so stuffy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."