Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Use for ruined table saw blade

Seems to me the place to start would be to call Forrest. They might be able to put it back into service cheaper than a new blade.

Wayne

You are right, Hank.

And, I will send the blade back to Forrest-probably call first.

I will mention @ this point, that always get the UPS insurance when shipping stuff. I sent two blades in a specially constructed small plywood box to Forrest. They never arrived. The investigation showed they made it one stop short of the destination. I got $100 from UPS, and lost I guess about $150 on the deal. My last uninsured UPS shipment. Ever.

When you send the blade into Forrest, ask them to evaluate first and confirm you want the work done...their form has an option for that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

A one time use Frisbee

I hate the idea of just throwing potentially useful material in the trash; I'd certainly try to find a way to recycle the saw plate, even if it meant dropping it off at the local scrap metal dealer the next time I was in that town. I'd be fine just giving it to them, just to keep it out of the landfill.

I was thinking perhaps you can make a riving knife from it.

I expect that anyone who owns a plasma torch would be happy to receive old blades. There seems to be an unlimited number of things that could be cut from a steel disk and these days metal has become very expensive.

Several years ago someone gave me three 18" masonry blades that I have stored in one of my storage buildings waiting for the right job. Last year I purchased a Miller plasma torch so I now have the means to use the big blades.....just need a project for them now.

Make a knife from it..