Thread: Parting Out Obsolete Tools?

Parting Out Obsolete Tools?

My old (mid 90's) Delta Sawbuck has given out on me and parts are not available. It won't run so it has to be the switch or the armature (sp?). I cleaned the brushes and tried to jump the switch all with no luck. So my question is would I be better off trying to part it out and if so what is the best outlet for that other than ebay? I know about OWWM but hate for my first post to be a classified. Or do should I try to sell it complete? I know it's not worth much not running but it is in pretty good condition otherwise to be a 20 year old saw. Thanks
    Hal

I know you're pain. I have an old Porter Cable Speedmatic saw on the shelf that cuts better than most tablesaws, and weighs half as much, but it needs a switch that is no longer available. Can't make myself throw it away.

Larry

I would think some new switch could be made to fit if that's all it is. I Suppose a new motor could cost more that you would want to spend but I've had good luck finding used motors at good prices. If a tool was that usefull, I'd find a way to fix it. The OWWM site has a ton of info on fixing stuff.

Dan

Are you sure the power cord is good and you are getting power to the switch/motor?

John