Thread: Question on Milescraft Dual Tandem Feather Boards

Question on Milescraft Dual Tandem Feather Boards

Does any one the Milescraft Dual Tandem Feather boards? I need to know how far of a reach they have from the miter track to the fence. I have the large Woodpecker router top and the miter track is about 7 1/2" from the center of the bit to the miter track and the feather boards I have will not reach to hold stock against the fence.

Here is a link to them: http://www.milescraft.com/products/s...-featherboard/

Thanks
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

George--i've got a pair, without putting the miter bar on to be dead certain, looks like right at 7" maybe a tick less. My Bench Dog miter slot measures 7 1/2" to bit center as well, but it's got the dual track so i have a t-track inside the miter slot that i use instead of the miter slot--i can put 1/4" stock to the center of the bit easy from the t-track. I've also got a pair of Bench Dog feather boards that appear to be at least 1/2" less reach than the Miles Craft.

Hope that helps.
    earl

You may want to take a look at the Jessem feather boards, I can adjust them up to 8 1/2" from the miter slot.
    They are much easier to adjust then the ones that just have two screw, with the Jessems you lock them where you want and then adjust the feather boards in as tight as they need to be.

http://www.jessem.com/PARALIGN_FEATHER_BOARDS.html

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...jessem+feather

The one thing that I have found on mine was they were kind of a pain to change from the router table to the table saw, so I did a mode on them and they work much better.

122740312.MXeNSjRJ.P3142174.jpg

Those look great Bill. I like that the slots are parallel--i'm never fond of pushing mine out to the limits as it starts looking like a pivot point instead of a secure connection.
    earl

Those look good Bill. Have you used them an tandem? That was why I wanted the Milescraft. How high are the Jessem when used in tandem?

Thanks
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    Those look great Bill. I like that the slots are parallel--i'm never fond of pushing mine out to the limits as it starts looking like a pivot point instead of a secure connection.
    earl
    The way they are made you can push them clear out and they still do not pivot. I have pushed them out to right at 9" and they still hold.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Those look good Bill. Have you used them an tandem? That was why I wanted the Milescraft. How high are the Jessem when used in tandem?

Thanks
    I use them in tandem all the time on the band saw for resawing, they are 1 9/16" high.

The main reason that I cut the slots out was the fact that you can turn the main part around to get closer or farther away. Plus the fact that you have to change the direction going from the router table to the band saw. Without the slots cut out you have to take the 2 screws out and then put them back in, with the slots cut out you can just pull them out and flip them and you are ready to go.

I have 2 sets, one set is set up tandem and the other ones are just singles.