Cross cutting the ends of my dining table to add the end cap pieces (non 'functional' breadboard)...and I needed a new blade for the circular saw...so a visit to the HD was in order. Been quite some time since I bought a circular saw blade, but jeez o peete, when did they get so skinny? There's nothing to them anymore...makes a 10" thin kerf blade look awfully thick! Anyhoo, none of the ones they had looked good to me...so ignoring the little voice reminding me I said I'd never buy another Oldham blade, I bought the Oldham blade simply because it looked like it had a teensy bit more 'heft' to the teeth. What a waste of $14. Not only would it not cut 'straight', even with a guide, it was just a completely ragged cut. Soooo, back on goes the original Makita blade that came on the saw...the same blade that roughed out the birch plywood for a house full of cabinets, broke down a couple hundred BF of white oak, and had cross cut much 8/4 mesquite. Now, it didn't give me a 'finish cut' either, but it was vastly superior to the brand new Oldham. I eneded up using a flush trim bit with the straight edge to get an excellent finish cut...which I shoulda thought of to begin with. I've cut the ends of tables like this probably 50 times with a much thicker Freud blade...but all I see anymore are the cheapie Diablo. Where are the GOOD blades???

KC