Thread: Blum Tandem Undermount Drawer Slides

Blum Tandem Undermount Drawer Slides

OK... I am AGAIN having issues understanding what size drawer I should be making for the Blum Undermount Drawer slides. I have three different lengths of slides and I believe the drawer length is equal to the slide length i.e. for a 21 inch drawer slide the outside dimension of the drawer (front to back) should be exactly 21 inches. What I appear to be struggling with is the outside dimension of the drawer width. I am building boxes with face frames and inset drawers. The drawer material is 1/2 inch prefinished plywood. I am padding out the slides to be even with the face frames. So if the inside opening (width) of the face frame is 32 1/2 inches, what should be the outside dimension (width) of the drawer box.

Charlie.....what model specifically are you using?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

31 7/8"

If you follow this link and click the "download information" link, you will get a PDF of the Blum 563 spec.s.

Blum

There is a 13/16" offset between the inside of the box and the inside of the opening (on each side), so for 1/2" sides that means a 5/8" total difference between the outside of the drawer box and the opening size.

Tried to post this pic earlier--wouldn't load for some reason. Hope it helps clarify:

Blum example (10-26-14).jpg

Ken, I am using Blum 563 undermount slides ( that info should have been in my original post - my bad).
    Jerry, your description and pic may have done it for me. I am going to recut the drawer this morning and will post the results.
    Thanks for the replies....
    Charlie Kapper

Recut the drawer and everything is A OK. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Miner View Post
    31 7/8"

If you follow this link and click the "download information" link, you will get a PDF of the Blum 563 spec.s.

Blum

There is a 13/16" offset between the inside of the box and the inside of the opening (on each side), so for 1/2" sides that means a 5/8" total difference between the outside of the drawer box and the opening size.
    So, quick question. Going to the link allows one to download the Blum PDF spec sheet for the slides. On this page it has a chart that tells one exactly what to subtract from the drawer opening, in inches, based on drawer material thickness. Here is the table listed in the download. It makes it easy to figure drawer width.

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 3.08.41 AM.jpg

When I look in my books, from Blum, it only shows the -42mm for inside opening of drawer, not the additional table below the pixt.

Question, where does one find the catalogues that has this info?

One more question. What site do you guys use for Blum products? The place I normally order from is cheap, but the shipping is a killer.
    Last edited by Mark W Pugh; 08-11-2016 at 3:17 AM.

I don't know about the catalogs, but I just installed 10 of the 563's for the first time and used the pdf. They work great.

I got mine from CSH. They have excellent customer service. I had a couple that arrived with bent rear tabs and CSH replaced them quickly and easily. You can usually use a 10% off code too if you create an account.

Opening width - 42mm + 2x side thickness.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Don't know if the attachment will post but it makes drawer sizing for 563/569 Blum under mounts very easy:

http://www.blum.com/us/en/02/40/20/

Then click on 563/569. Spreadsheet does the math for you