Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Penny wise, pound foolish

A used 8" jointer for $500 may not be a bad deal. Being 8" makes it much more possible that it will be a quality machine. The crap ones are 6" to 7".
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Plus one on what mike said. I have a 1023 table saw and will never own a table saw without a diving knife.

One thought on CL. I have bought and sold a lot of machines looking for the right ones for me.

When I sell them, I list my phone number and say not to text me. E-mails get answered around midnite. What I am trying to say is that the guy who called me on the phone, usually had the machine home and was trying it out by the time I answered E-mails. Those of you a lot younger than me might consider that it might be some old guy like me selling, who is not attached at the hip to his computer or smart phone.

Rick P

I bought a used Delta DJ-20 back in 2004 from a RI seller (about 2 hours drive) on Taunton's website. The seller bought woodworking estates, kept what he wanted, then sold the rest to finance the original purchase.

There are websites that help you to cruise estate sales, that a friend uses, but he works nights to allow him flexibility for attending weekday events.

You're right-on about having to be patient when shopping on CL.