Thread: Blum Undermount Slides

Blum Undermount Slides

I'm using Blumotion 21" underside drawer slides. 563H533-01B L/R
    For locking devices I'm using: T511.90-01.01 L/R

The slides were installed with an 1/8" set back from the face of the carcass.

The drawer material is 5/8" and the drawers, for some reason, came out to 20 7/8" deep (this is the outside measurement).

If I place the drawer on the slides, minus the locking devices, they seem to line up where I would expect since they are about 1/8" shallow. After installing the locking devices, the drawers are proud of the carcass by about a 1/16 or 3/32". And, the back catch tabs on the slides are barely engaged in the drilled holes.

Is there anyway to adjust the depth of the drawers, via the slides or locking devices, or do I need to position slides deeper in to carcass?

Thanks

ps first time using either of these devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W Pugh View Post
    If I place the drawer on the slides, minus the locking devices, they seem to line up where I would expect since they are about 1/8" shallow.
    Where are they lining up and where would you expect them to be lining up?

After installing the locking devices, the drawers are proud of the carcass by about a 1/16 or 3/32". And, the back catch tabs on the slides are barely engaged in the drilled holes.
    If the rear holes aren't positioned precisely the mounting tabs will not set all the way in....have you tried pushing hard on the drawers when you first set them to see if you can get them to set deeper on the tabs?

Is there anyway to adjust the depth of the drawers, via the slides or locking devices, or do I need to position slides deeper in to carcass?
    The 563 runners have elongated mounting holes for up to 3/16" depth adjustment.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I don't know if I can solve your problem but, I will tell you how I find my drawer length. I attach locking device to slide, measure from it to 1/4" into rear tab.

The drawer size needs to be pretty precise. You probably will have to move the slides back a bit. As for the rear tab you could glue on thin shim to the back over the existing holes an re drill. They have come out with a new locking device that has side to side and front to back adjustment built in. I can't remember the part number but it is in the Blum catalog.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

If not moving the slides is your biggest priority, you COULD let in the locking devices 1/8" into the drawer front, thereby pushing the drawer box back onto the rear tabs.

But I would do as Steve suggests, add a shim to the back and move the slides back.

If the rear holes aren't positioned precisely the mounting tabs will not set all the way in....have you tried pushing hard on the drawers when you first set them to see if you can get them to set deeper on the tabs?
    probably this.
    Melad StudioWorks
    North Brookfield, MA

If the pins are well seated in the holes, and the drawers have extra room beyond their length, you may be able to slice a little bit of length off the back of the drawer at the bottom, and not have to move the slides. I'm not getting a clear picture of the problem with the statement about the pins being barely engaged.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 11-01-2014 at 3:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    Where are they lining up and where would you expect them to be lining up?

The 563 runners have elongated mounting holes for up to 3/16" depth adjustment.
    OK, to begin with first time user of these things.

I assumed the locking tabs on the back of the slides would insert all the way in to the back of the drawer. When I installed the drawers, without the locking devices, they were fully seated on the tabs and set back from the face of the carcass by about 3/32 (?).

The holes seemed to be accurate and, of course, I didn't use the sliding slots to begin with. Easy fix.

Glad it was that simple. They look complicated when you first deal with them, but it's sorted out fairly quickly.

So, just to finish the thread, I got a hold of Blum. According to them, the 1/8" set back is standard if you use 1/2" stock. Since I used 5/8, which is the max, the 1/8" won't work. I had to move the slides back, which I used 1/4" to ensure they were aft of the front of the carcass. All is good now.

Now, on some pull outs I made, I used 1/2" stock and set the slides back 1/8", as per directions, this worked out fine.