Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harbor Freight Miter Saw

Quote Originally Posted by David C. Roseman View Post
    Late to this thread, but it's a hoot. The OP asked for opinions from actual users of the HF miter saw.

David
    +1
    Do like you always do,,,,,get what you always get!!

Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    Plan "B"?
    Attachment 300499
    This one was $5.....
    And much quieter than a noisy chop saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Ehrhardt View Post
    I bought one about five years ago, the 10-inch slider, thinking it would only last until I did the job I bought it for. Sadly, it's still going strong, still cutting away. Although I admit I've had it outside under a shed structure and it has gotten some rust on the sliders. my only complaint is I have to wear hearing protection b/c it makes such a loud noise when cutting. can't wait to get a real miter saw and see what the difference is and why it would be worth paying hundreds of dollars more. Admittedly, if I was a contractor or professional, I probably would get two so I could have one as a back up.
    There is always the desire to upgrade. While I enjoy my Dewalt, I would be buying a Festool Kapex if I had the money...and if I wasn't more hand tool than pwoer tool in my shop. good luck with your future purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by michael roughan View Post
    I have had great success with HF motorized tools including their sliding mitre saw, welder, dust collector and pneumatic tools. Where you see the difference in quality are things like duct tape, dust collector hoses and drill bits. I like to use the term value for money. If you are a part time woodworker like me that can often only work on weekends, these tools provide good value. An example is a room I renovated with cherry millwork and ceiling cove molding. the first few pieces I did with a hand saw mitre box was tedious and required touch up on my disc sander. Once I got the HF compound mitre saw the joints were all tight and crisp.
    I am glad these tools have worked out well for you...my results were a little different.

IMO, I would say buy it, tweak it for accuracy and use the crap out of it for the first 30 days. If it doesn't meet your expectations, return it, if it take you longer to put it through its paces, throw it on craigslist and recoup most of your money.

Jack
    U.S.A.F. Ret. MSgt 2006

Quote Originally Posted by David C. Roseman View Post
    Late to this thread, but it's a hoot. The OP asked for opinions from actual users of the HF miter saw.

David
    I was going to comment on that myself.
    Who the heck cares about what you THINK of them? Did you USE one?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night