Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fein, Festool, or Rigid Shopvac

The old Craftsman's have the same powerhead as the newer Rigids. That's why the same Gore filter fits them. I haven't looked at the newer Craftsman ones to see if they are any different. I go in HD at lot more often than Sears. In fact, I can't remember the last time I went in a Sears store.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    I've had the new Bosch VAC090S for about a month now and I'm very pleased with it. It beats the heck out of the old ShopVac and Sears vacuums I've used before, but then I think any of the ones you've names would. With a fiber mesh bag and HEPA filter nothing is coming out the exhaust except air. I can't hear it over the sound of the sander, which is quite a change. The only disappointment is that it doesn't come with a fitting that will connect to the Bosch hose on my Bosch ROS without duct tape to make the connection.
    Roger,

If the Bosch vac has a standard European 27 mm hose and the sander has a typical dust port, the Fein hose adapter may work for you: http://www.amazon.com/Fein-921072K13...in+vacuum+hose. They also sell them at Woodcraft.

I have about 4 of these and use them to hook up a variety of non-Festool tools to my Festool CT22 and CT26 vacs. They work great. I have one that is cut down a bit to fit into my Makita belt sander. Another it always in my Kreg jig storage box. They work great and and the Festool 27mm hose fits snugly into the female end.

Regards,

Dan.
    It's amazing what you can accomplish in the 11th hour, 59 minute of any project. Ya just have to keep your eye on the goal.

I had a Ridgid for a while that i use for general work, and wet stuff, when getting up huge amounts of stuff.

Then, I wised up and got a couple of Festool things, and the CT 33 a few years ago. It of course works superbly, with the Festool tools especially. It is my primary small vac.

For the more brutal gross clean ups-the Ridgid.

I bought a Fein vac about 10 yrs ago. It has served me well. I like the idea of two motors in the vac. One motor actually cools the other which works well when using vacum chucks on my wood lathe.
    Jim Bell

One more pass and you may see brass!

I also have a 8 - 10 yr old Fein T3. It's never given me a lick of trouble.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney