Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lurker with Contractor Saw questions. (Rockwell Model 10 and Craftsman 113)

I used to have a 113 saw. It takes 64 revolutions to tilt blade to 45. Up graded to a pre 1984 Model 10. Have one in shop, and another that travels to jobs. The 113 had a nasty habit, as you raised blade, it would shift to the right. The only thing I miss about my 113 is the left tilt. I have one customer for whom I have made some replacement window frames. With the left tilt on the 113, it was easy, peasy, not so on the Model 10. Both saws were up graded to Biese clone fences, and a true 2.0 HP motor. Gave the 113 away, after selling Biese clone off of it. Included stock motor before giving away. My vote goes for the Model 10. Have had a Uni setting in shop for ten years to replace the Model 10- one day, maybe.

I have a 113.29903 circa 1960ish.
    I picked it up complete with stand and cast lattice wings for $25. I have about $150 invested in it- new Craftsman fence, enclosed the base, added dust collection and a mobile base. Horse traded for a new TEFC 2hp motor. It ran as my primary TS in my one man part time furniture/millwork shop.for several years. Currently in storage to make room for a later model Jet with a sliding table. It WILL make its return when I can move to a bigger space. I will not part with it. It runs smoothly enough to balance a nickel on edge when running. If I ever run across another one in reasonable shape I would pick it up in a heartbeat.
    Bill R., somewhere in Maine

OK, so I am going to start really focusing in on the 113 I think. The Rockwell/Deltas are for sale around here, but guys just want too damn much money for them in comparison.

Stay tuned for a lunch box planer discussion and also a discussion on vintage 6" inch jointers. (Would rather have 8", but will settle for what I can afford)...

Thanks again guys!!!!