Thread: need help

need help

I am on the road and the laptop I bought to work on does not have Corel's engraving fonts mainly the eng_helvine_norm I found the ones here (www.sawmillcreek.org/psfonts.zip ) However I can not load them win 7 premium. Can someone upload the file being it is a free Corel file I would assume that there would be no legal issue being we almost all use Corel.

I am in a bind so any help would be great.

Thanks
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Craig

I can't open it with Win 7 Pro either.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    Craig,

This is what I see in that zip? the first screen snapshot is the main zip file. the second is the contents of the PFM folder within the zip. Do you know which of these you need?

pfm1.jpg pfm2.jpg
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

won't open in 7 premium or pro here either
    You did what !

Blog Entries
    Hmmm. Dave and mike...you are saying you can't open the zip in Win 7, various versions?

Or you are having trouble with the Postscript fonts included in the zip, and the installation files that are also included in the zip?

Dave
    Last edited by David Somers; 11-24-2014 at 4:50 PM.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Get a COPY OF WINRAR that will unzip it in win7
    joe

I can unzip it, windows reports it's not a valid font file
    You did what !

Mine does the same.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I don't even see that font in my corel fonts.
    Maybe someone that has it can make a cdr file of what he needs and send that to him. I dunno just a thought
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Just a crazy thought... can you download Inkscape and see if works in there? Or maybe a free trial of Illustrator?
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Blog Entries
    Craig,

Apologies, I did not have a chance to actually try installing those files last night, though as you saw, i was able to get into them and see they were Post script fonts and their install files. As soon as I can during the day I will try installing them and see what happens. it will be a while. though. Way busy right now.

Dave

I had no issues installing the fonts on my Windows 7 Ultimate machine. Here is the process I followed:

1. Unzip file
    2. Navigate to PFM folder (The fonts are installed from the PFM, not the PFB)
    3. Right click on the font to install and choose "Install".

The three I installed looked fine in CorelDraw X6.
    Laser: Trotec Speedy 300-80 watts
    Software: Corel Draw X6, Windows 7 64-bit, Adobe Photoshop CS5
    __________________________________________________ ___

Please, call me Ron.

I just loaded them into Win7 Enterprise, and Win 8.1 --

They were already loaded in WinXP. What I did was opened the fonts folder, grouped the "eng" fonts, hit "copy" (from the 'edit' tab), pasted them into a common folder on my network...

On the other computers, I opened the common folder, then listed the fonts by type, since as Ronald noted you load the PFM files, not the PFB files. Listing by type, I grouped all the PFM fonts, hit "copy". I opened the fonts folder, put the mouse arrow between font folders, then hit "paste"...They installed just fine--
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey everyone thank you I was not able to get online yesurday much but I was able to load them via copy and past method some of you talked about. Again Thank you.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)