Thread: Lubrication Reccomendation for a CNC 3040 Machine

Lubrication Reccomendation for a CNC 3040 Machine

Hello,

Green Hobbiest making the transition from 3D modeller to CNC operator.

Managed to pick up a gently used 3040 for almost nothing with all the fixings, but I was wondering if someone could recommend a lubricant for the bearings?

it's been unused for at least six months so i assume whatever it had has dried up.

Ideally Im looking for something I can grab in a hardware store for under 30 bucks.

Best,
    Zac

I use Tri Flow spray on the guiderails and ballscrews every 8 hours of runtime.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Contact the manufacturer (or parts supplier if it is a kit machine) for info.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I've been using a Super-Lube pen oiler. They sell them at hardware stores and places like Menards and the BORG. I just add a drop or two as the nut travels over the screw for every several hours of runtime.

Not sure how your bearings are configured but my CNC uses bearing cars on linear ball bearing profile rails, I always use a good quality lithium grease, about $10 a tube lasts me 6 months. Going on 10+ years of daily use with no problems.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Zacchary...
    Look up the lubrication requirements for the bearing model that you have or contact the manufacturer. Each brand of bearings will have different requirements.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

I believe the OP may be referring to a Chinese import machine which may not come with the best documentation. He is probably looking for insight from someone who uses one or has experience with such things. I just don't have enough experience with them to venture an opinion..