Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats in your CD player these days....

Whats in your CD player these days....

Haven't seen one of thse threads in awhile...i have been listening to alot of music from my high school days....olot of Led Zeppelin and Lynard Skynard...but right now it's AC/DC Back in Black......

lately...Chris Botti..." A Thousand Kisses Deep" ..."First Wish"

John Barry....Bach......Puntamayo.....Strunz and Ferar
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

I have been listening to Chris Isaak's "Heart Shaped World".

In my truck I have loaded up a 2 cd set Best of The Marshall Tucker Band, a 2 of cd set Best of The Rolling Stones, and a 2 cd set of Ralph Stanley "Saturday Night, Sunday Morning" in case I am in a non-rock mood. (Perhaps I am the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde )
    Frankie

Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole's "Facing Future".

I really liked his version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from the movie "50 First Dates".

Had a hard time finding any of his albums, as they have become very popular since the movie. Strange thing is none of the record stores that had his albums have seemed to reorder any of his albums. Sadly "IZ" died several years ago.

Radio, I listen to C&W. I also have several CD's that I've compiled with Lynard Skynard, Bob Segar, CCR, ZZ Top as well as ones with John Denver, ABBA, Rod Stewart and others.

I just kind of like a whole lot of different music. Except Rap.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

When I listen to CDs, it's generally one of the 20+ Live at the World Café compliations or WXPN New Music Sampler CDs that I get from WXPN in Philadelphia as a (hefty) contributor. And a few of the singer-songwriter CDs I also get from them as a member of the CD of the Month club level. All really good stuff.

But, of course, most of my mobile listening these days is Pimsluer Russian I...and that includes when mowing the lawn.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hard to remember...the CD player died a few weeks back. Took it apart this afternoon looking for something obvious, but no luck. I think it is an old Petra cd, but could be vintage Whiteheart. The changer (which also is out of commision because of the head unit) has about 6 Stephen Curtis Chapman, a couple Wayne Watson (Jim B, you need to hear "Water Color Ponies" By Wayne Watson since you are in the kid in the house mode) and not sure what the other 2 are. The portable has another Stephen Curtis Chapman in it. Yeah, I kinda like his music! Jim.

It's either something from Chris Isaak or Little Feat.

In my 5 disc in the basement.. Jefferson Starship, Yes, Bruce Hornsby and the Range, Bad Company, and a younger years favorites collection including the Police, Cheap Trick, Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson. Ian Hunter; stuff from 1978,79, 80. In the car 6 disc is Tracy Byrd, acollection cd, Rush, Rush,Rush,Rush.

In the shop changer, it's Rush, Rush, Rush, Coheed & Cambria and, if I'm not mistaken, Rush. Actually, although I'm a Rush fan, I like a variety of stuff, just as long as it's hard rock, heavy metal, maybe some new age and NO rap!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Well recently this is what's been in the slot the longest or most frequently. A lot of my music collection is pre-CD so I'm still picking things up here and there or transferring vinyl or cassettes to CD.

John Scofield - Ueberjam
    Joni Mitchell - Hissing of Summer Lawns and Court and Spark
    Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Best Of
    Django Reinhardt - (Forget which title)
    The Gipsy Kings - Volare
    Aerosmith - Best Of
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    In the shop changer, it's Rush, Rush, Rush, Coheed & Cambria and, if I'm not mistaken, Rush. Actually, although I'm a Rush fan, I like a variety of stuff, just as long as it's hard rock, heavy metal, maybe some new age and NO rap!
    John and Michael count me in as another old Rush fan...All the Worlds a stage is never far from my CD player...

Mark...I'm trying to listen to Chris Botti right now(never heard of him before as i have sort of ignored jazz the past 15 years or so...)...amazing horn player..sounds alot like Miles Davis...the background players are giving me some trouble though...I need to get Miles out of head and listen to what they are playing and not what I think I want to hear......I see on the website they play at Humpheys down in SD...that is a real nice place to see jazz....

I kind of started this to find some new music and you guys have not let me down...

The CDs in my shop right now are:

K.D. Lang------Hyms of the 49th Parellel

Eric Bogle------Scraps of Paper

Hobo Jim-------Alaska's Hobo Jim -A collection

Stan Rogers----From Fresh Water

Django Reinhardt-----DJANGOLOGY -Vol1 1934-35

Ian and Sylvia-----The complete Vanguard Studio Recordings

Marian McPartland----In My Life

Canadian Brass------The Mozart Album

When I'm cruising in my 1969 Chevelle SS I got to have Motown...today it was the Temptations. In my work truck it is AC/DC back in black, or ZZ Top Eliminator.

[QUOTE=Frank Pellow]The CDs in my shop right now are:

K.D. Lang------Hyms of the 49th Parellel

For everyone reading this...this is one of the best cd's of the year...even if you are not a KD Lang fan as i was not...but this was given to me as a gift and it is an amazing CD...sort of a compilation of some of canada's great musicians....neil young ..joni mitchell....its a very nice cd.

He really is great and I don't get tired of his music. I will probably get a few more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton
    John and Michael count me in as another old Rush fan...All the Worlds a stage is never far from my CD player...

Mark...I'm trying to listen to Chris Botti right now(never heard of him before as i have sort of ignored jazz the past 15 years or so...)...amazing horn player..sounds alot like Miles Davis...the background players are giving me some trouble though...I need to get Miles out of head and listen to what they are playing and not what I think I want to hear......I see on the website they play at Humpheys down in SD...that is a real nice place to see jazz....

I kind of started this to find some new music and you guys have not let me down...
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"