Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomlishments...

Got relative coming with their motorhome this next weekend and got my woodcraft green wood end sealer on Saturday, so it was now time to clean up the "Campground" (driveway in front of the garage, where I have power & sewage hook-ups) [actually it's the sewer clean-out port - but it works well for th ecamper's sewer hook-up].

Cut up about a 6' long, 9" diameter cherry log. Cut up 2 6-8' long 6-8" diameter apple logs and a 12' long, 10-12" diameter white birch log. Sealed up the edges and stacked tehm to dry.

Mowed the lawn, cleaned up the shop - living room project is now complete and waiting for the carpeting to be installed the 27th, so all the tools and equipment used had been sitting in the doorway to the shop and it was time to put things back where they belong!

Good luck D' with the computer repairs!

Steve! Oh Boy!!
    If it weren't for Bad Luck, you'd have no luck at all! Gloom, Dispair and Agony on you, Ol' Buddy! At least ya got your load home before the tire went flat, stinks nonetheless!

My grandfather always said that you get the most heat from Wood than any other form of heat!
    1.) It Heats you up when cuttin' it down,
    2.) It Heats you up loading it onto the truck,
    3.) It Heats you up cutting it to log length,
    4.) It Heats you up splitting it,
    5.) It Heats you up stacking it,
    6.) It Heats you up bringing it inside and stacking it for the furnace, 7.) It Heats you up when you burn it and lastly,
    8.) It Heats you up cleaning up after it, be it the ashes or all the junk (bark, etc.) left behind at each stacking location.

Now what other heat source prvides you with THAT Much Heat!!!
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Went to Woodcraft on Saturday morning and loaded up a big box. Spend the rest of the day playing.

Spend Sunday playing too.

My post is in the turners forum. Look for Fathers Day gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    I see some nice curl in that piece of firewood, Steve!!!
    Hey!! I can freight that one to ya!!! Make Mom pay for it!!!

Blog Entries
    Got the birch beadboard ply completely finished with waterbased poly and also got the vinyl sheet flooring down in the mudroom project. Also got all of the new switches, recept's and such installed and am now moving on to the trim work so that the LOML can shortly have her washer and dryer back. Momma don't really like having to make an early AM trip to the laundrimat every Sunday morn! Beleive me!!

Somehow snuck in the Saturday night dirt track racing at my local bullring and opened up a can of whoop *ss on my buddies on the pool table during the Sunday NASCAR race.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Sorry about getting zapped. At least no fire or anything like that. I spent Saturday prepping and painting the living room ceiling and sunday spent the day shopping and installing a new ceiling fan.

Saturday night, went online and did some upgrading of tools. Gloat upcoming!

Corey

There was a weekend??? Still pretending to be parents, so no woodworking, no home improvement, no time to whistle Dixie. Did mow the lawn, however...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim, thats the game. Then throw in 3 tball practices and a game, soccer practices, day camp hustling and bustling..... it's...funnnnnnnn and then the wife wants to know why in the world it is taking so long to do the livingroom remodel.!!!

Corey

No woodworking here,did not want to run the air in the house and shop. Went with my son to TC Harley Davidson to check out the sales.He bought a 05 Harley Super Glide,He's only 18, I didn't get one till I was 32.Spent Sunday riding,160 miles in the 95 degree heat. My newest riding partner.Was a great weekend.

Tom

Scrape, sand, replace some rotted wood, scrape, sand, scrape, sand, ...

And there is still a LOT more to do. All in preparation for repainting the trim on the house in order to have it blend with the colours of my new shop.

I last painted the house myself 12 years ago. In the interim, we lived in the Seattle area for 6 years and, while there, I had it painted twice. The painter certainly did not not do as good a job as I do.