Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the classified mainly for US residents?

Being in Canada, I won't buy from any US seller who uses UPS to ship here. The seller cannot know, but the shipping charge that he adds on to the selling price is nothing compared to the "brokerage charge" that UPS hits the Canadian buyer with. It is not unusual for UPS to charge +$50 on a $20 item. The seller does not know this, and the Canadian buyer does not, either, until the UPS guy is at the door with a bill for the brokerage charge. Refusal to pay means the item is not delivered. If the goods come USPS, the charge is $10 max.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I should also let everyone know that although Members cannot post in the Classifieds Forum they are able to send the seller a Private Message so they can purchase items that are listed for sale.

That would be "Non-Members" cannot post in the Classifieds section they can still buy stuff.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Most of the stuff I sell is not worth paying the extra shipping charges. Paying $70 shipping on a $20 plane, who would do that? Also, I am only able to get prices for priority shipping online which are exhorbitant. To ship first class internationally, I have to take a package to the post office to get a shipping price. Mot of the stuff I sold that was over $100 I offered international shipping at cost and had zero takers. I once offered a guy in Australia a nice #5 plane for the cost of shipping and he said thanks but no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Just a thought on shipping between the US and Canada that at somehow it should be easy and cost effective since our economies are so interlinked. That said I have bought several items in the US and everything arrived except the cost of shipping can be expensive.