Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hampton View Post
My daughter is into buying "old" furniture and putting a distressed look on it and sells it for a mint! To reiterate that point, we brought an old CHEAP Sauder computer desk from a friend's garage sale for $10. She put a distressed finish on it, added modern "chic" colors. She sold that thing in her antique booth for $370. Now she has me building little tables, dovetailed boxes, and stuff out of old pallet boards, nail holes, rust stains, and then she finishes them and sells them for ridiculous prices. I even had to buy a cheap planer and jointer to keep those boards out of my good machinery. Although I'm a hobbyist, I/We have made quite a bit of money doing this. The planer and jointer set me back about 500 and change, but I've recouped that 10X over. I can knock out5 or 6 little boxes in an evening and they sell for minimum of $60. People even know it's pallet wood and is just finished, but they buy it anyway. The old saying "a fool and his money shall soon be parted" really rings through with the market out there.
I'd definitely be looking into a "distressed" look for those cabinets. You'd probably get the 15 back and then some.
That is art, not fine ww. What qualifies as "art" mystifies me, but the demand and the price level makes it clear on these.

How about some photos, Jim? Would love to see examples.