Thread: LV pre Christmas Free Shipping?

Blog Entries

LV pre Christmas Free Shipping?

Does anyone have any idea whether or not Lee Valley usually has another free shipping offer between now & Christmas? My cart is full and I need a few of the tools for a class in January.

Last year I bought stuff on the 26th December and again on the 6th January 2014 and both orders had no shipping costs.

So I'm guessing Lee Valley would be smart to have another free shipping event soon.

Hang in there
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Blog Entries
    I checked the shipping cost and it was only around $14. I just went ahead and placed the order, hoping I want contribute too much to driving the shipping companies nuts in the last week before Christmas.

I'm sure Rob Lee is looking after us, he tends to do that ;-)

Blog Entries
    My guess is free shipping is used to 'jump start' business during slow times.

They usually come along every few months.

Maybe after Christmas to get folks to use their gift cards and such. Sure, they already have the cash on hand from the cards but most folks likely go above and beyond the value of their gift card.

Just tried to find my emails on 'Free Shipping events' and couldn't find any. Maybe I deleted them.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

West of Boston East of worcester north of RI South of nashua
    In the past - it started day after Xmas...
    Andy
    Keep Life Simple

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hsieh View Post
    In the past - it started day after Xmas...
    Which explains my order on the 26th
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Speaking as a business owner, it doesn't make sense to give away something that costs so much at a time of year when people are ordering without encouragement... You do things like that when times are slower and you are trying to jump start inventory movement. Absolutely Rob is a great guy and LV is a solid business, but they wouldn't be around long if they didn't capitalize on their most profitable time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by bob blakeborough View Post
    Speaking as a business owner, it doesn't make sense to give away something that costs so much at a time of year when people are ordering without encouragement... You do things like that when times are slower and you are trying to jump start inventory movement. Absolutely Rob is a great guy and LV is a solid business, but they wouldn't be around long if they didn't capitalize on their most profitable time of year.
    For those of us who can wait though....Rob will be getting more of my money on the 26th.