My wood shop is a part time job and I probably spend 6-16 hrs a week sanding/finishing. Surface areas range from coffee table size tops at the large end on down. I'm thinking a 5" orbital.

I have a Speed Bloc 1/4 Porter Cable finish sander and a Harbor Frieght 4" belt sander. There are a half dozen others but they are out of commission for one reason or anther. That belt sander has been 'road hard and put away wet' on rough reclaimed barn wood and taking the char off the inside of bourbon barrels. It's paid for itself many times over but has seen it's best days. The Porter Cable finish sander was a godsend compared to the Rigid and Ryobi quarter sanders. I've even put 60 grit paper on it at times given my current lack of tools.

i'd like a new orbital sander that can both remove surface but also take me up the ladder to a finer grit. If not 220, close.

My budget is open. I'd be thrilled if I could find a good daily sander for $100. But I've reached the point where I could mentally justify Festool prices for a sander with a longer life cycle so long as it can do more than just, "finish" or "surface removal".

Any suggestions on would be appreciated. I guess the budget is $75 to $300 so long as I can justify buying 1 sander over 3 at $100.