Thread: Miniature projects

Miniature projects

I saw the link today for the new offering of miniature chisels and was surprised to find an entire set of tools en' miniature!

miniaturetools.JPG

I am going to treat myself to the miniature chisels - they were just what I needed but didn't know existed before.

Does anyone else have / use these little tools?

I have the mini shoulder plane and the mini router. They both work well and I use them a lot more than I thought I would. The mini shoulder is especially nice when making moldings. I might snag the mini chisels just for the heck of it.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Like Zach I have the mini router and the mini shoulder plane. The min router is great for routing a groove for stringing.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

I have all except the chisels. I don't think I can use the chisels effectively.
    Shoulder plane: very good for rabbet and dados? A nice tools to have
    Spokeshave: it works....
    Router: a really good and niffy tool like it's bigger brothers
    Block plane: Kind of okay. Not found any good use yet. It feels like flying out of my fingers.
    Edge plane: Surprising effective for edge work but must be thin stock.

I have them all .....just because! I have used the router for a small display case I am currently building, worked fine.