Thread: Food day at the office

Blog Entries

Food day at the office

OMG! It is food day at the office, I cannot hold another bite! I am starring at a turkey wing that will have to wait til later this afternoon to eat!
    Good luck getting any work done the rest of the day!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Back when I was on the road as a computer service tech, I used to love/hate this time of year.
    Every office I went to would have a lavish layout of food - food - food - and more food!

Since these were customers and I didn't want to offend them I felt obliged to eat something at every call!
    (yeah right- - a piggy like me doesn't need much encouragement )

Boy - I miss those days!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    OMG! It is food day at the office, I cannot hold another bite! I am starring at a turkey wing that will have to wait til later this afternoon to eat!
    Good luck getting any work done the rest of the day!

eating too much is a common problem at the salt mine

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Back when I was on the road as a computer service tech, I used to love/hate this time of year.
    Every office I went to would have a lavish layout of food - food - food - and more food!

Since these were customers and I didn't want to offend them I felt obliged to eat something at every call!
    (yeah right- - a piggy like me doesn't need much encouragement )

Boy - I miss those days!
    I know what you mean, I worked for Xerox servicing copy machines for 18 year and every year it was the same. I had a few that I had serviced for a long time and they would even put in a call just to get me to come by, made me feel good.

We had ours on Monday and the amount of food was nearly obscene... but delicious. I brought a huge crockpot full of sauerkraut and 5 pounds of kielbasa and it was gone in about an hour.

Great stuff but glad it's only once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by John Conklin View Post
    We had ours on Monday and the amount of food was nearly obscene... but delicious. I brought a huge crockpot full of sauerkraut and 5 pounds of kielbasa and it was gone in about an hour.

Great stuff but glad it's only once a year.
    Was just about to head South on I-75 when I read the no leftovers. Dang!

-Tom

It's a wonderful time of year WRT "good eats"!

Being self employed.....and my "office" is more often than not,the front seat of an F150,does stopping at KFC count?Haha.