Thread: Bandsaw base...

Bandsaw base...

I built this mobile base for my bandsaw. I used to have one of those HTC-style mobile bases under the original Grizzly base, but I never really liked it. The car-style steering made it difficult to maneuver in my small shop, and it also raised the table higher than I like. This new base has all swivel casters (with locks), making it a breeze to maneuver. And the table height is back to where I like it.

The top drawer is for storage of extra pieces, etc. My Kreg fence will fit in there if I separate it from its handle. The bottom drawer holds coiled blades vertically. As you can see I need to buy more blades.

IMG_3057.jpgIMG_3058.jpgIMG_3059.jpg
    And there was trouble, taking place...

What a functional base! Love the additional organizing drawers too.

Why the welding gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Weber View Post
    Why the welding gloves?
    Those gloves are great for handling bandsaw blades. Plus I think those were the first ones I found in the garage that day.

Steve

That is a great base, I was thinking about doing the same thing, what are your rough dimensions?

That is a really nice base and it looks like it will work out really well.

I have a jet with the closed base and it would be a real problem for me to convert it but I sure like the look of you base.

The base itself is about 24" wide, 17.5" deep, and about 20" tall. With the casters it sits 24.75" tall. I based the size on a completely rough measurement of the original Grizzly base.

Thanks for the compliments. This base definitely makes the unit easier to maneuver. And the drawers free up space for other stuff.

Nice job that. Good utilization of the space.

I can't say that I really like the two fixed wheel designs. My newest band-saw has only one wheel for turning on the front. Not sure what I think of that as have not moved the saw much yet. Going to be surprised if I like it very much. Can't have everything I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    Those gloves are great for handling bandsaw blades. Plus I think those were the first ones I found in the garage that day.
    Yeah, that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking about material handling, not blade changing.