Hey everyone. New member looking for some info/advice. I've been lurking through threads and the info is overwhelming. Need to make a decision by Monday for a cnc router. Currently have quotes for the multicam 1000 and shopsabre 4896, budget of around $50k. The multicam is more expensive and seems to have less than the shopsabre, but the multicam has local support and provides 2 days of onsite training. This will be our first cnc router, although I have operated a plasmacam previously. Looking for real world advice from users of both machines. Any answers to the questions below would be appreciated.

• Are they 2 machines on the same level or am I comparing apples to oranges?
  • The multicam has a rack/pinion whereas the shopsabre has a ball screw setup. Both salesman give reasons why each is better. From your experience, which is better?
  • We only have single phase power in our unit. Anyone have experience with phase converters for the vacuum pump? Will a single phase vacuum pump still suffice for holding down smaller sheets if necessary? How small?
  • How often do these machines require support/service?
  • Enroute vs Vectric? Preferences? We use Flexisign now for our vinyl cutting and Enroute looks to have a similar interface, but is more expensive. Is it worth the extra money?
  • Anyone have any bad experiences with either company? I've searched and seems I can only find some bad posts on Multicam.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide and Happy holidays!