Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck between a straight and a wet place.......

Exclamation Stuck between a straight and a wet place.......

I'm in a hard spot. Through some strange twist of Karma, I've received from various odd sources a combination of gift cards, amazon cards, money.....that equal almost exactly the cost of a long rail for my makita track saw. And I've been meaning to get one, so great right, amazon sells them, I need to spend amazon gift cards......

But, my wife and I kept the gifts pretty simple between each other this year and decided we were going to go Dutch after Christmas on a kegerator which we have both long wanted. We are fans of premium IPA's that are way cheaper by the keg than the bottle, at 12-16oz each per night we can finish one in just about the time they last, it's a sound investment for the beer drinker. And the collection of gift cards is also equal to exactly half the price of a kegerator, and Amazon also sell the one we were planning to buy....

So I'm in a hard spot. Get the track saw long rail, gloriously straight edge plywood sheets with ease, tell my wife the kegerator will have to wait a few months? Possibly irritate wife who will them make me pay for all the beer. Or buy the kegerator, have ice cold beer always on tap, possibly gain 30 pounds, save small fortune versus what we are spending now on beer, let the track saw rail wait? Or buy a short rail, connect it to the other short rail, fight to get them straight each time.....buy the kegerator anyway?

What to do....how I long for simpler times when life's decisions weren't so complicated. I asked my father for advice, he said he never faced such a problem......my mother doesn't drink beer!
    "A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel

Peter.. Happy wife, happy life...

3. Enough said.Period.

Blog Entries
    I've seen you comment on a lot of things Peter. Always thoughtful.

I'm sure you'll decide what's best, whichever choice that might be.

PHM

Peter, if Momma ain't happy, nobody is happy.
    Joe

You made an agreement, keep your word.

I agree with the sentiment that you made an agreement to but I would at least open the conversation up and see what she says. Also the theory that a happy wife equals a happy life has yet to dawn upon me because I'm pretty certain that there is no way to make a woman happy in the first place so why bother.

Have another beer...... things will straighten out in time!

Oh Boy you must love to live dangerously.

If it were me, there is no doubt I would by the beer thingy.....hell hath no fury etc etc. But then I would count the money I was saving on the beer and buy the track saw long rail once I hit the saved beer money mark. Even with that I would probably ask if I could throw the first glut of beer savings at the rail instead of just deciding myself. Just doing it quickly in my head based on your suggested rate of consumption I am guessing at 6 months of beer savings gets you the long rail, max. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT CONFRONT HER WITH THE ARRANGEMENT BEFORE BUYING THE BEER THINGY. Make sure she has the beer thingy in hand. Thus you are not appearing to be forcing her to make a decision between it and the long rail. If she agrees make sure she can see the tally growing for your track saw long rail. I would bet she will break down at some point during the six months and end up tossing in some money she had been putting away for you as a reward for being such a thoughtful hubby and not just absconding with the beer thingy funds. If she made you suffer more than 3-4 months you could knock me over with a feather. You may win on all scores if you have some patience.

Hahahahahahahahaahahah

I think I would go with getting the beer kegerato with the gift cards I think the next time you make some extra money on the job by the Tool I think it might Help withyour taxes
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

It would get pretty expensive to trade that one in for one that drinks wine.

No question, beer wins!

If you are that much of a fan of premium beer but have to scrimp for a fridge to store it in you should build your own. http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...egerator-plans

Then take the $$ you saved and get beer brewing equipment and brew your own beer. Brewing good beer is easy if you can wait for it to mature.
    Setting up a workshop, from standing tree to bookshelves

Quote Originally Posted by Robert LaPlaca View Post
    Peter.. Happy wife, happy life...
    +1 Absolutely true.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.