Hey Guys!

I have an Epilog 36EXT with a 75 watt laser. I bought the machine used, had some issues, and ended up getting the laser tube refilled and all new mirrors/lenses so I knew I'd be starting "fresh" and like new. I used the machine a handful of times before installing the new tube and it seemed low on power but always "worked". With my new tube I have used the laser a handful of times as well (getting some products setup but it's a slow process for me LOL) and have noticed that the first time I use the laser for the day it doesn't fire right off the bat... takes about a second then it starts working. After that initial issue, it is fine for each job thereafter.

I'm not sure if it has done this EVERY time I have fired it up for the first time but will pay attention in the future. I also am fairly certain that if I turn the machine off and then back on it will work the first time after being back on. It seems to be an issue only if the machine sits for a few days.

I noticed this when I went to make some beer mugs the other day that the first one I made was missing the etching from the very start. I was kinda expecting this so was watching for it and sure enough... laser went back and forth for about a second but wasn't firing. A couple weeks ago I went to use it and the first thing I did was a vector circle in a piece of wood... it cut from like the 11 o'clock position to 12 o'clock position the first time (or vice versa.. forget which side didn't cut but there was a "gap") then was fine.

The work around is for me to keep some hunks of wood around and just burn a test circle before I start using the laser each day but that is a bit of a pain.

Have any of you heard of this and is there an easy fix or is it something to do with having my laser tube refilled and it may not have been done properly? Everything else seems to be OK... engraving seems good and I posted an example of some very fine glass etching I did for a Christmas gift the other day on a whiskey bottle which seemed to come out OK.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions!