Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas is it just me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Except - we will do what we like to do anyway, but maybe class it up one or two notches. Dinner party at home with one - 2 couples of close friends. Probably kick the wine up to the really good stuff from the back of the cellar. An evening of great conversation with people close to us - that is pretty much as far as it goes.
    I think we're there, too. We will still get each other something "cool" from time to time, but if it happens near the holidays it's coincidence. Earlier this month I found a beautiful matching dragonfly ring and necklace set (it was pretty slick, a gold coloring technique based upon heat levels, similar to coloring titanium with heat) while we were in the southern Caribbean. I couldn't pass it up, but neither of us really considered it a Christmas or Chanukah present, it just "was".

And we open a bottle of wine most nights anyway
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

if you give money or cash cards , they will be exchange for a perfect gift

My wife and I haven't done Christmas or b'day gifts in 25+ years with each other but we always did for the kids and still do for them and their kids. We look at it as through out the year we pick up stuff that we want/need so come a holiday we don't need to have something to open. I much prefer to have a nice home cooked sit down meal with the family instead anyway.

Red
    RED

My mom and dad gave each other blank checks every Christmas. It was a cute little ritual every year.Of course, they never cashed them. Mind you, my folks were probably the least materialistic people I ever knew.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    ......we open a bottle of wine most nights anyway
    Me too, Dan. Well, 3 out of 7.

But that is the daily drinker / decent table wine class.

In the back of the cellar is a completely different class of star cruiser. Cannot afford to drink it every day. Wish that I could..............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Deakin View Post
    Does anyone else recieve presents the do not want
    No, because I only accept one Christmas present and it is always what I ask for.