Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old meets new

I'm in the camp that money can't buy happiness. Most of the big celebrities can't even go out in public without lots of attention. Even though they have plenty of money they can't lead normal lives like you and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    ........... like you and I do.
    Whaddya' mean "we" Kemo Sabe??
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

"I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew Hagerty View Post
    Interesting concept.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

So in Googleing David Geffen's yachts to see what they look like, I read this article about the guy with this one line that made me laugh!

"In Beverly Hills, Geffen owns the 13,600-square-foot Jack L. Warner Estate on Angelo Drive, which comes with plenty of Hollywood history. It was commissioned by Jack L. Warner, the flamboyant exec who founded Warner Bros. with his three siblings and ran the studio for four decades. Built in 1937, the estate lies on 10 acres and is said to contain the floor Napoleon was standing on when he proposed to Josephine. Geffen reportedly gutted most the home, but in addition to the floor reportedly kept a wood-paneled wall built by a Chippendale, according to the Los Angeles Times. Geffen purchased the property in 1990 for a reported $47.5 million. Today, according to property records, the home is assessed at $54 million."

I picture an oiled-up guy in a banana hammock and a tool belt building the wall!

Article --
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle/2014/05/07/a-look-at-billionaire-david-geffens-1-1-billion-stash-of-dream-palaces/

Well, I grew up poor and somewhere along the way I got much better off. I can say without reservation that being affluent is much better than being poor.

Well, his money outlasted his health. Hope he had some fun on that boat.

The boat wasn't finished before he died, so he didn't enjoy it at all.

Blog Entries
    image.jpgimage.jpgHere is another that arrived today, and a shot of me at the helm. (Connections!) This is one of the largest ketch rigged boats in the world.