Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lathe work area setup

Crud. Why did it invert the pic?
    USMC '97-'01

Quote Originally Posted by David Delo View Post
    Red HF service has chucks & related items in top shelf with tilt lid. Extra jaws and various lathe related stuff in the small drawers with coring system and vacuuming system having their place in the larger 2 bottom drawers.
    Attachment 304132
    I bought one of those on sale a few weeks ago to store lathe stuff in. I used some re-mount type spray glue to hold some drawer liner to the top. Then I removed the bars that lock the drawers when the top is closed. For me it is a lot more convenient to be able to open the drawers with the top closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Seyfried View Post
    I bought one of those on sale a few weeks ago to store lathe stuff in. I used some re-mount type spray glue to hold some drawer liner to the top. Then I removed the bars that lock the drawers when the top is closed. For me it is a lot more convenient to be able to open the drawers with the top closed.
    +1 on the liner for the top surface. Haven't done it yet but plan to. Don't know what you mean about taking the bars out. My drawers open & close fine when the lid is open or closed.

Quote Originally Posted by David Delo View Post
    +1 on the liner for the top surface. Haven't done it yet but plan to. Don't know what you mean about taking the bars out. My drawers open & close fine when the lid is open or closed.
    Evidently they make them differently. Mine looks just like yours with five drawers. But mine had spring-loaded bars that locked the drawers with the lid closed. I set the bracket and plastic bar cover in the location they were in the picture below.
    toolbox654.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Seyfried View Post
    Evidently they make them differently. Mine looks just like yours with five drawers. But mine had spring-loaded bars that locked the drawers with the lid closed. I set the bracket and plastic bar cover in the location they were in the picture below.toolbox654.jpg
    Yeah mine is the same config as yours with the spring loaded bars but they don't lock anything when the lid is closed. Maybe mine is defective but that's okay with me.