Hi everyone...

I decided to take advantage of the Festool close out sale and ordered an ATF 55 on Monday. I was pleasantly supprised when it showed up yesterday....
However I "think" I have a couple of problems...
First of all when I opened the package saw was askew in th systainer. There was no type of packing material holding the saw in place. The next thing was one of the hand screws for the angle adjustment was off and in the bottom of the box. The small carriage bold that it is attached to appeared to be missing but was found under the plastic tray the saw sits on.
I then proceed to read the instruction manual and while I didn't cut anything I did turn the saw on. The first thing I noticed was a lot of ratteling noise while the saw got up to speed. There was also a strong electrica/ozone smell which I believe is usually an indicator of the armature hitting the brushes. Needless to say I was not impressed. If fairness to Festool I haven't spoken with them yet due to the time difference. I plan to call them in another half hour due to the time difference.
Has anyone had any similar type problems?? My first clue was how the saw was packed.. Should there be some sort of packing/styrafoam to hold the saw in place?? Any feed back will be appreciated...