Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw Stop Owners. Simple Question

Saw Stop Owners. Simple Question

I am the only one that works in my shop. Does it do any harm leaving the main power switch on all the time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jolliffe View Post
    I am the only one that works in my shop. Does it do any harm leaving the main power switch on all the time ?
    Jay, I use one at work I have one of my own and a third that I use working at a local
    school. The school leaves theirs on constantly and mine I occasionally turn off if I know I'll be away for some time. I have not experienced any problem leaving them on.

Personally, I haven't tried leaving it on when I am out of the shop. Probably can't hurt anything, but I often have children nearby so I err on the side of caution and turn it off and unplug it. It is like leaving a light on all the time for me when I leave the room to me, seems like a waste of electricity, but leave it on when I am in the shop and using the tablesaw that day.

I leave mine on full time. No problems yet. I actually never considered it, so maybe I should look at my owners manual!

I was taught to always lower the blade and turn off the saw so that's what I do when I'm finished using it.

I asked SS. They said leaving it on was fine.

I don't leave it on deliberately, but most of the time I forget and it's been known to stay on for weeks and months at a time until I happen to remember when I'm closing down for the evening.

I turn mine off every time I leave the shop.

Mine has been on for over 2 years - no problem and my utility company thinks it's a good idea. I think that if you turn it off when you turn it back on it has to go thru a cycle which takes a little while before the saw will function.

Mine has been on almost continuously for about 5 years.
    JR

Blog Entries
    Like John, I forget and it can stay on for a couple of days. No issues...
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

For me, I leave mine on mostly because I forget to cut it off. No issues, other than using juice. Have a good one!

I try and remember to shut mine off when i leave.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I turn mine off when I leave the shop but I also turn off the power switch and unplug when changing blades. Maybe that's overkill but I've already had a table saw injury, I do not plan on any more.

You mean the main power switch down on the side that lets current come to paddle box? I shut that one off most of the time when I leave shop for few days to go to my real job.

I always shut off the little toggle on the front just to get me to formally power it up to give me the right mind set to operate it.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)