Actually started last night at work when the cable TV went out. Nuthin worth watching anyway, but the noise keeps me company.

So I finsihed up the drawing for my dining chairs and went out this morning to start cutting parts. I'd been saving a 6/4, 14" wide, almost 60" long piece of very clear mesquite for a sofa table...but I saw the legs for 3 chairs in it...so I commenced to cutting it up. And it was punky in absolutely the worst place(s) on one set of legs. :upset: Punky is okay for a tabletop...not for chair legs. I won't mention that the figure was incredible either. And I don't use that word often.

So just about when I've accepted that and am over it, I got sidetracked and went to drill a hole to test out some threaded inserts I just got from McFeely's. The chuck was stuck about 1/3 of the way open. I could tighten it, but it wouldn't open anymore. Fiddle around for maybe 5 minutes and got it working, but I have no idea what the problem was. Drilled the 1/4" hole as directed and the insert just destroys the wood all around it when you screw it in. Minor problem...so I change to the next size bit and drill a hole...and the drill press won't turn off. The switch has been broken on my disc sander for some time now, so this will prod me to finally call Delta and order the parts.

So then I've got the big flush trim bit loaded in the router and I'm cutting out the chair legs...and I see a little screw on the floor under the router table. And I looks up underneath the top and see that it belongs to the gizmo that keeps the insert (Jointech lift) tight in the hole. So I put it back in the hole....and see the gizmo on the other side is loose, because one of the screws is gone and the other is about half unthreaded. Another minor annoyance.

After I got the legs all cut out, I went to run them through the Pmax 16/32 and noticed that the several week old belt has started coming apart. It's awfully hot in the shop...and I use that thing all the time...so I can see maybe that they're gonna break occasionally...but those of you that have the 16/32 know what a huge pain it is to change the belt. And of course, that it hurts like $30 worth, too.

So that was enough for me...I called it a day. Tomorrow will be better. I hope. I'm going to bed now...and wait for the telemarketers to ignore the 'do not call list'.

KC