Thread: Jet Pro Shop table saw problem

Jet Pro Shop table saw problem

Gentlemen,

All of a sudden, the blade change detent on my saw will not engage? The saw has not been used for about a month and I went to change the blade today and the push button will not engage? It worked fine the last time I used the saw.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Thank you.
    Epilog 45 watt, Graphtec cutter-plotter, Corel Graphics Suite X3 - X4, HP and Vaio computers, woodshop.

"Trust, but Verify"

I wonder if saw dust could have gotten into the detent? Try blowing it out with an air compressor blow gun.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks Ken,

Even though it did not appear to be clogged, I did use compressed air and it is now catching.

Thanks for the reply.
    Epilog 45 watt, Graphtec cutter-plotter, Corel Graphics Suite X3 - X4, HP and Vaio computers, woodshop.

"Trust, but Verify"

Quote Originally Posted by Don Williams Michigan View Post
    Thanks Ken,

Even though it did not appear to be clogged, I did use compressed air and it is now catching.

Thanks for the reply.
    I've heard of some people ending up with theirs breaking so I've always done it the old fashion way which is to shove a board under one of the teeth of the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Conner View Post
    I've heard of some people ending up with theirs breaking so I've always done it the old fashion way which is to shove a board under one of the teeth of the blade.
    Mine broke as well. JET does supply a second wrench to hold the arbor, which works fine. Not as convenient, but trivial in the grand scheme of blade changing.

Add me to the list. Same thing happened on mine. I just use the second wrench like Bas said.