Thread: Bed Extension For Jet Mini Lathe 1014

Bed Extension For Jet Mini Lathe 1014

Searching for a bed extension, curious if anyone has had luck finding one , possibly from another manufacture. thanks.

Here is the only one that I could find on google.

http://www.amazon.com/Jet-708346-20-...+bed+extension

Tim.
    Seven days without turning makes one weak.

Thenks Tim, although that exceeds the price i paid for the lathe i appreciate the effort.

Contact "Equipment Sales and Surplus" in Auburn Washington. They are the authorized outlet for PM/Jet surplus, damaged, etc items.
    They might have one
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pachlhofer View Post
    I don't know what that is - but the dimensions are not the same for the box I have. 28" x 8" x 8" gross weight 42# (according to the box)
    Different Jet part number from the link in the earlier message, but corresponds to the dimensions of the extension I have which has the same 6-digit number as appears on your box; I bought mine about 8(?) years ago. When I checked my Amazon invoice for the order, the associated link to the product page said that 708355 was not available anymore. Looks like there may be a couple different extensions for a "Jet 1014", perhaps depending on date(?).

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pachlhofer View Post
    OK - did some looking, that extension is for the Jet 1442 and 1642 lathes - so definitely won't fit a mini.
    Good catch. Sorry for the misleading info.

Do a search for homemade lathe extension. I know there a couple here on this site for midi lathes. I plan to do the same thing for my Delta.

Robert,

I have a Jet Mini extender for which I have no need. I was given a Jet VS-Mini 1014 here at SMC some years ago. I tried to pass it forward to another Creeker when I upgraded to a PM3520B. It sits on the floor in a corner of my shop. The lathe was damaged in shipping by FedEx and they reimbursed me for it. I bought the guy a new lathe at his local WoodCraft. I will check to make sure the extension is okay. If you want to pay for shipping, the extension is yours.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-11-2015 at 8:13 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

That would be great. And very kind of you.

Robert,

I want to apologize. I'm at that stage in life where I have begun forgetting things.

Here's some photos of the lathe extension. The lathe extension I used on my Jet 1014 VS Mini. Here's some photos of it taken with my cell phone this morning in my shop. Decide if you want to invest the cost of shipping in this extension. Note in one photo, one of the plastic pads on one of the leveling legs was damaged and is missing. The leveling leg is there and would be adjustable to make up for the difference in height. In fact, one could probably find a replacement rubber pad and glue to the metal portion using some silicon caulk.

If you decide you still want it, reply to this thread, I will weigh it and drive to the Fed Ex office just a few blocks from my home and get an extimate of the shipping costs to help you make your decision. The extension looks useable to me. I also have the original connecting hardware and it's in good shape.

le1a.jpgle2a.jpgle3a.jpgle4a.jpg

Let me know and I will continue if you so desire.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken,

If Robert isn't interested in this I would be. I have been looking for one for quite a while. I could even use my UPS account and have them pick it up and put a label on it. I would just need the weight. Please let me know.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Robert,

I want to apologize. I'm at that stage in life where I have begun forgetting things.

Here's some photos of the lathe extension. The lathe extension I used on my Jet 1014 VS Mini. Here's some photos of it taken with my cell phone this morning in my shop. Decide if you want to invest the cost of shipping in this extension. Note in one photo, one of the plastic pads on one of the leveling legs was damaged and is missing. The leveling leg is there and would be adjustable to make up for the difference in height. In fact, one could probably find a replacement rubber pad and glue to the metal portion using some silicon caulk.

If you decide you still want it, reply to this thread, I will weigh it and drive to the Fed Ex office just a few blocks from my home and get an extimate of the shipping costs to help you make your decision. The extension looks useable to me. I also have the original connecting hardware and it's in good shape.

le1a.jpgle2a.jpgle3a.jpgle4a.jpg

Let me know and I will continue if you so desire.
    Ill be in touch. thanks. I've had computer issues so the no worries about the delay.