Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got Jack?

Blog Entries
    Steve, your work is as clean as it gets! really inspiring and beautiful. I like the natural look, it also ages more gracefully IMO.

Gibsons British Columbia Canada ( near Vancouver )
    Looks great - some oil from your hands along with some mutton fat will darken it up over the years anyway.

Nice job!

Dave B

Terrific looking plane Steve! I wish I could get that level of fit and finish on everything I build. It's inspiring to see. Thanks for posting it.
    -- Dan Rode

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Nicely done, Jack. Errrrr Steve
    Jerry

What beautiful workmanship! Simply gorgeous indeed!

Steve,

Really lovely, crisp work.

Plane looks good. Crisp and nice eyes.

Steve that is pro work! I love how the chamfer rolls over the rear edge....and I like the makers mark just as it is. What radius did you grind on the blade?

Thanks again all, for all the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    Steve that is pro work! I love how the chamfer rolls over the rear edge....and I like the makers mark just as it is. What radius did you grind on the blade?
    Hey Jeff! I don't know the radius; I think in terms of camber. I think there is about .050 camber, and I plan on reducing that a little as I hone, maybe to about .035 or .040. If I can take a chip that is about .030 at the thickest point and the iron cuts almost to the corners, that's my preference.
    "For me, chairs and chairmaking are a means to an end. My real goal is to spend my days in a quiet, dustless shop doing hand work on an object that is beautiful, useful and fun to make." --Peter Galbert