Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Chinese Laser

What is you max and min laser power setting at on the drop down in your software.

I disconnected the 6 prong plug going in, was told by someone that was what I was supposed to do...pushed TEXT button, nothing happened.

Sorry, I'm half blind so I was doing it large so I could see it... but then somehow it switched back right b4 I posted. I'm not sure what you mean by "logical procedure"...To me the first thing I checked was the water flow switch... (to me that seemed like the first logical step) after eyeballing everything else, trying different setting, etc. .. bypassed it, No change there are no safety switches on my machine like on the lid or whatever...the next thing I did was check the power supply, fan working, light on, disconnect 6 prong plug and push test....nothing... And I do NOT want to start by replacing the tube, can't afford it, that's why I'm here asking questions so I don't spend money unnecessarily... I checked the connections to the tube and all other viable connections.... I haven't had a chance to tighten yet, too much going on here otherwise....plan on trying that next. I've just started using this forum and don't know exactly how it works and don't have a lot of time to study the in's and outs and was just trying to communicate to get some help, sorry I don't know certain protocol.

Video is a good idea, thanks..... I'll see if there is a way to set the fire on the little panel.... Yeah, I thought it was strange that one second it was working fine, then nothing the next.... My first thought was the flow switch or loose connection, I'll try the laser test set and tightening all connections...if no go will do a video.... Thanks a lot

It doesn't have a drop down, you just type it in, I just figured it was 0-100..... the max I ever use is 89, for just a few seconds..... My manual is that Chinese one totally worthless and the company I got it from does not give me any support even though they claimed to for 2 years and I've only had it maybe 5 months.

So I went out to check some things.... Now it didn't turn on at all..Nothing like when the emergency (piece of junk) switch freezes ...as it was when it arrived here.... will bypass emergency switch tomorrow, So there is this ceramic looking fuse like thing on the power cable coming out of the power supply... Wat dat ? HMMM???? Main fuse looks OK, can test that 2 morrow as well, and will do video if I don't get it going. Thanks for all your help, sorry I don't exactly understand the workings or protocol here, just trying to figure it out.

OK, I had to jumper the emergency switch, it decided now would be a good time to quit working and checked the Laser set...it was 0...... Took a video... will figure out how to add it to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    If it were a problem with water flow then there should be an error message on the LCD stating as much. Have you used the "Test" button in the past? If not then it is possible that the laser is set to fire (when using the test button) for such a short period of time that it is not noticeable. In the LCD menu, 'Laser Set' should be "0" if you want it to fire for as long as you hold the button down.

If the tube were bad then I would expect there to be a popping or arcing noise when attempting to fire. I have had only one tube fail on me but as far as I know, tube failures generally happen over a period of time - not instantaneously.

If you were to post photos of your main board, PSU, tube - anything relevant, it would help us to help you. A video would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Michael Wilson View Post
    OK, I had to jumper the emergency switch, it decided now would be a good time to quit working and checked the Laser set...it was 0...... Took a video... will figure out how to add it to the thread
    Checked the "Laser set... it was 0..." what are you meaning by that? The HV Power supply as I understand it has an internal fuse, if you have the control terminal strip unplugged (the one by the test button) and the test button does not fire, could be that internal fuse. Or it could be a loose wire on any of the terminal strips.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Thanks

Hi George, I guess I was replying to the wrong person, someone suggested that if the laser set switch on panel was not set to 0 that it might simply not have enough power... I have unplugged terminal strip and hit test (text) on mine.... nothing happens. Sounds a little scary looking inside the power supply 4 fuse..... I've been grounding everything w/ jumpers..... does the supply still hold power after 45 min. which folks suggest I wait b4 working on, should I still worry about too much at that point....would there be enough juice at that point to arc to me from the jumper if it was hooked to ground.
    Thanks for your help, I really need to get it working, not getting any tech support from company....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Checked the "Laser set... it was 0..." what are you meaning by that? The HV Power supply as I understand it has an internal fuse, if you have the control terminal strip unplugged (the one by the test button) and the test button does not fire, could be that internal fuse. Or it could be a loose wire on any of the terminal strips.

This is the Skype user name for shenhui Tech Support jane_2251, they should be able to help
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI
    LIAOCHENG RAY FINE RF-6040-90W RECI
    Corel X5 Technical Suite, Windows 7

So tightened all connections, checked internal power supply fuse...All OK. Still does everything but fire.

Here is a video

Here is a video.... , tested internal power supply fuse...OK, everything tight....

hi
    did you check if the AC is on the HV powersupply? next step would be to open the HV powersupply and look in the front somewhere there is a glass or ceramic fuse test it if it is blown. be carefull wait at least one hour after turn the machine off that the capacitor inside get discharged there is high voltage in the game.
    other then this just chek the connection on the tube if they are tight.
    greetings
    waltfl

Hi Walter, yep, I did that, fuse was good, connections were tight... Thanks, I'm at a loss and need it fixed, might have to just get tube and power supply, but really can't afford both.... and then if it still doesn't work...YIKES.
    Quote Originally Posted by walter hofmann View Post
    hi
    did you check if the AC is on the HV powersupply? next step would be to open the HV powersupply and look in the front somewhere there is a glass or ceramic fuse test it if it is blown. be carefull wait at least one hour after turn the machine off that the capacitor inside get discharged there is high voltage in the game.
    other then this just chek the connection on the tube if they are tight.
    greetings
    waltfl

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Michael Wilson View Post
    Hi Walter, yep, I did that, fuse was good, connections were tight... Thanks, I'm at a loss and need it fixed, might have to just get tube and power supply, but really can't afford both.... and then if it still doesn't work...YIKES.
    So what was the voltage reading into the PSU and what type of meter did you use?

If you have power there and unplugged the correct plug, pressed the Test (Text) button did the tube fire then?

If not its either the PSU, connections to the tube or the tube its self. Did you get a large green resistor with the laser and does your machine have a mA meter?

What about where you purchased from and warranty?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10