Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resharpin Saw Blades

If you do decide to resharpen some or all of the blades, Freud has "certified" sharpeners to sharpen their blades and has them listed by state on their website.

Blog Entries
    I have mine sharpened but, I have blades that will stand many sharpenings. Your Forrest blades should be doable. Consumer type Freud blades can take a trip or two. Pro series blades with adequate carbide can take many. I have a blade tht has seen 6 sharpenings and it is about done. Given the original price tag plus the cost of sharpening, the blade was brand new 7 times and cost me about $35 for each "new" blade. A resharpened $100 blade is a lot better than any $35 blade I've ever tried.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Baxter View Post
    I also used Acme's sharpening service in the past but wasn't that happy with the long times required. I thought the blades ended up better than my local sharpener but not anywheres near new quality.

I sent my last batch of blades to Dynamic Saw in Buffalo NY, and was much happier with the service I received from them. It took a little time but they were there and back in considerably less time than I used to deal with using Acme's service. Pleasure to deal with as well.

You can find their website here http://dynamicsaw.com

Clint
    Thank you for the link. Their prices were what I was used to seeing at Acme Tools.
    My woodworking theory: Measure with a micrometer, Mark with chalk, Cut with an ax.

Flat Rate Box from post office will hold 55# of blades. That's what I use to ship blades to Dynamic. UPS guy brings them back. Going (post office) 2 days, coming back (UPS) almost a week, especially if they shipped out on Wed.- Friday. Nothing on UPS moves over the weekend.

Matt lets us know how them Forest blades turn out.

I use Ridge Carbide to sharpen my blades. Does a superior job.

Cpeter

$30 to sharpen?

You can be sure that industrial woodworking operations resharpen their blades and demand quality equivalent to new. There is no question it can be done perfectly. A well equipped shop will have a sharpening machine of identical quality as the blade manufacturer. Ideally, use a shop that manufacturers tooling for the industry. I use Misenheimer in Morristown TN and the cost was $8-12 the last I had done(depending on size and teeth).