Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seahawks comeback

Blog Entries

Seahawks comeback

I thought the Seahawks were toast needing two touchdowns with 5 minutes to go. I had be watching on and off while finish was drying in the shop. I was going to turn off the TV but LOML said to leave it on. The beast got going and then the onside kick. Unbelievable. The Seahawks were pretty bad when I lived there. Considering how bad they looked offensively and defensively for 55 minutes, it seemed so improbable.

Congratulations to the Packers and their fans. It was a near thing.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Blog Entries
    Shawn, You must be too young to remember the Heidi Bowl:

Heidi Bowl was an American football game played on November 17, 1968. The home team, the Oakland Raiders, defeated the New York Jets, 43–32. The game is remembered for its exciting finish, as Oakland scored two touchdowns in the final minute to overcome a 32–29 New York lead. It came to be known as the Heidi Game because the NBC Television Network controversially broke away from the game, with the Jets still winning, to air the 1968 television film Heidi at 7 p.m. in the Eastern Time Zone.
    That taught a lot of us older folks it ain't over until it is all over.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It aint over until the fat lady sings. Those two red zones stands will be the topic of all the arm chair quarterbacks tomorrow. What a great game. Hats off to Capers for a great defensive game plan. As a local I will say that the Hawks do have something special going with the group of players, coaches and management. Go Hawks!!

Good comeback by the Seahawks, particularly Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. Heartbreaker for the Packer fans.

It was a very good game and exciting to watch for those with no skin in the game. Too bad the second game couldn't have been closer.

Reckon GB 86 that flubbed that onside kick will be back as a Packer next season? Bet he will be thinking about that play for several the next several months!

Crazy game for sure. Go Patriots!!

Yeah it was a crazy game. Sad day here in packer land.
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

Ugh. Patriots vs. Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Is there a way for them to both lose?

Signed, A diehard Bronco Fan....

Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    Maybe so. My family did not have a TV until I was 12. So I missed the Heidi episode. Mea culpa!
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Blog Entries
    I do not watch a lot of football, but the last time I recall seeing a kick-sneak play was with a quarterback named Jim Zorn.

I used to watch more football when I was young.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by julian abram View Post
    Reckon GB 86 that flubbed that onside kick will be back as a Packer next season? Bet he will be thinking about that play for several the next several months!
    Yeah, that was a heartbreaker play for GB fans. I had to explain to my wife why it was such a big deal at that time.
    She said you can't blame the game on one play, or player.
    I told her to ask Red Sox fans what they thought of Bill Buckner, and it's been almost thirty years.

That leg of Aaron Rogers has to be giving everybody in the Packers organization a reason to worry.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Packers D lost.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post
    Packers D lost.
    True, but the strength of the Packers is their O, just as the strength of the Seahawks is their D. If the Packers had gotten 7 instead of 3 even once earlier in the game the last 5 minutes would likely have been irrelevant. Woulda Coulda Shoulda.

go pats!!:d
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander