Thread: Salt Mill Salt Source

Salt Mill Salt Source

I built a salt mill and am confused with all the different salts available. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Mike

Any grocery store will carry sea salt in coarse size. It is in the spice section.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Check out http://www.saltworks.us. They have a varity of coarse and extra coarse salts in 5lb and larger bags. I use the pink Himalayan salt and everyone seems to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hackler View Post
    Any grocery store will carry sea salt in coarse size. It is in the spice section.
    I'll have to look at the selection in the store- the Morton Coarse grind sea salt my wife found is only slightly coarser than table salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fairbanks View Post
    Check out http://www.saltworks.us. They have a varity of coarse and extra coarse salts in 5lb and larger bags. I use the pink Himalayan salt and everyone seems to love it.
    I too use the Himalayan pink. It has all the good stuff still in it unlike regular table salt. I get mine on Amazon.

Red
    RED

+1 on the Himalayan pink salt ,I have also used alder wood smoked salt great on a steak.

As Scott mentioned, try the course sea salt for grinders. Wally world has it but buy in a container you can see in, some "course" salts are not course enough. The course pink Himalayan sea salt is also a great choice. The nice thing is the sea salts are healthier overall as they're lower in sodium and higher in beneficial minerals than table salt.

All kinds of salts for your grinder on Amazon. I also use the Himalayan pink salt.