Thread: Lasercut 5.3 -MPC6515 replaced with MPC6535 & new stepper drivers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lasercut 5.3 -MPC6515 replaced with MPC6535 & new stepper drivers

There is phenomenon
    The laser would not cut all the way through small circles in Acrylite black acrylic - something we use to cut many many parts. It was skipping in rotating around the circle so some part of it was cut but not all the way around.
    The speed is set to 10.

I went into the machine settings - work mode - and changed the corner acc from 400 to 50.
    saved and downloaded the cfg file to the machine.

I observed that if I change the speed setting in the project file, the machine setting in work mode cut - appears as 400 again!

Must be a default of some kind???

So I made sure my speed was correct went into the machine options work mode cut corner acc and set it to 50, saved it but it was not downloaded to the machine however I am assuming that it downloaded with the project cut file, the circles cut perfectly and all the way through with a speed setting of 10.

Just as a test, I changed the speed again to something else in lasercut in this file and checked the machine options and yes the corner acc changed back to 400.

The last problem
    If I cut a file and the immediate is unchecked, which will make the laser head go to the specific beginning, according to the lasercut software grid, complete the file and then shut off the machine, perhaps to go to lunch.
    When I turn the machine back on and press start to cut the file again in the same place it appears to drop down slightly ruining the original cut.

Any feedback, saga wisdom, experience or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Vix
    Last edited by Vicki Rivrud; 01-22-2015 at 11:01 PM. Reason: lasercut 5.3 MPC6535