Thread: First Project

First Project

Well its my daughters 7th birthday today. So i decided to make some little fridge magnets for her friends who came to her party. Overall the experience went well, the software crashed a couple of times but got them done in the end.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kswhschcm...G0110.jpg?dl=0

Very nice first project bet you daughter was all smiles and thought she has the coolest dad who can make things for her friends. Look out the cats outta the box the request are going to start pouring in
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Great job, but more importantly, great Dad!!! These are memories she will NEVER forget and you get to be the rock star Dad that all the kids will be talking about!!

Cheers for the replies, hopefully i can improve my skills to a level where i can advertise the things i make, things like, door plaques, House number signs (want to experiment with slate), keyrings etc
    and maybe sell the odd few on the bay.

Still learning the laser though, with it being a cheap chinese jobbie, the moshi software is most unreliable even though i am using corel draw x5 with the moshi plugin it just closes the machine mid job, most infuriating

Kudos,
    I make gift and memorial boxes ( yea the kind that you bury or dispay pets and people in - with laser engraved embelishments ) .. 2 yrs ago all the neices were of "girly gilry" age .. I made 6 4x4 boxes in oak , with their names on the lid and filled the box with glitter sticks, stickers, etc so they could decorate them they way they want .... this Chrismas .. the oldest of the six, took me aside ...."Uncle joe can you make me a fancy box? im older now , I want to hide my stuff, I will take care of it ".....

PRICELESS !

I know that priceless feeling, last year I made my grandson a treasure chest that I found on thingyverse he loved it, but the hinges that were in the design were kinda squrrily and he broke the hinges from repeated opening and closing. He called me and asked if I could fix it for him.So this year I made him a much bigger chest with real metal hinges and metal hasp with a genuine antique cast iron pirates lock(replica) on it . I'm his hero
    Quote Originally Posted by joe claudio View Post
    Kudos,
    I make gift and memorial boxes ( yea the kind that you bury or dispay pets and people in - with laser engraved embelishments ) .. 2 yrs ago all the neices were of "girly gilry" age .. I made 6 4x4 boxes in oak , with their names on the lid and filled the box with glitter sticks, stickers, etc so they could decorate them they way they want .... this Chrismas .. the oldest of the six, took me aside ...."Uncle joe can you make me a fancy box? im older now , I want to hide my stuff, I will take care of it ".....

PRICELESS !
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander