This question may have been fielded here before, and if so I apologize for the duplicate--but I couldn't find it in the search engine.

Is it possible (in practical terms) to have too much dust collector for a given shop? Is there a downside to oversizing?

My worst-case machine is the table saw--with both top and bottom collection active, I need to move 1135 cfm at 4.7" SP. I have two cyclones on my short list that will just make this requirement, the Penn State 1425S and Oneida's V3000. I have a natural tendency to overbuild (I've never heard anyone complain about something being built too sturdy!) Just looking at pricing and real cost at this point, but would a 5 HP cyclone deliver better performance? Is it too big? Too powerful for the need? I keep thinking about the guy I once knew that loved putting huge motors in small cars but often had structural problems as a result--too much torque for the structure to handle.

What do you think--is thee such a thing as too much dust collector for a given shop?

Thanks!

D.