I am very happy with the machine and the work that it does. I engrave everything from knives, to firearms to spatulas! To give you an idea of detail, i did a USMC eagle globe and anchor on a Springfield XD slide that you needed a magnifying glass to read "Semper Fidelis" and you could read it. It was explained to me that for 95% percent of what most people do they will never notice the difference. If for manufacturing aerospace parts maybe a different story. For my purpose it appears to be just what i was looking for.

As far as the model, i use a desktop unit. Many commercial enclosures are available or you could certainly build your own custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Geraci View Post
How do you like the product and your end result engravings? What do you mainly engrave? Video comparisons I've seen on aluminim and steel I can't really tell a difference between IPG and Raycus, Raycus bean may be a tad wider...?

Are you running a desktop unit or do you have the enclosed tower? Trying to figure out what configuration I need for my workflow - I want to make sure things are able to move in and out of the beam path easily but want to be safe. Considering building my own box to cover and get some "fiber-proof" glass to view.