Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Post & My Sargent Collection

nice looking tools and case. Makes me want to get organised

Blog Entries
    Glad to be of help.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Makes me want to get organised
    Every time I have tried, things get started and pretty much figured. Then a few more tools of one kind or another come along and throw the whole thing off.

Maybe something with more room for expansion.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Hi All - Thought I'd revitalize this thread and update a bit. For the past year and a half or so I've been trolling eBay and CL for the remaining tools for the Sargent 1918 cabinet set. I'm getting there but have a few I haven't been able to track down. The fun is in the hunt! Along the way I picked up some old Sargent tools that weren't in the original cabinet but I thought would be fun to own. Picked up a plumb bob, some other pliers, and a floor scraper. I'll post some photos in the next few days. One mystery that I've come across is the small oil can in the full cabinet set. It's listed in the set but can't seem to locate the model number as a separate piece. Perhaps it was made just for the cabinet set? Off now to go make some more sawdust!

Maybe the oiler is from another manufacturer . Do they have oilers in their catalogue ? I have a couple of sets of lock ring pliers, one says MAC on it, the other Gray. I've seen that very same set with a Snap-on sticker.

I've only seen a couple of Sargent planes here in Canada.