Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LV has free shipping again . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    They seem like a highly useful tool.
    Indeed! I'm going to set them up with sharpened at 45, some with and some without a burr and see what happens.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Perfect timing for free-ish* shipping. Today is my birthday and The Wife® gave me a Lee Valley gift card. I guess dropping hints the size of bricks helps.

No planes this time. Just a few doo-dads: a couple of cranked-neck chisels, Japanese files, flush-cut saw and plug cutters, etc. Now if only they'd had the spokeshave set in stock...

*Not really free for us Alaskans. But the shipping credit they give us brought it down to a very nice US$4.93
    Last edited by Brett Luna; 02-17-2015 at 2:04 PM.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Luna View Post
    Now if only they'd had the spokeshave set in stock...
    I'm waiting for those to come with V11 blades by default.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    I'm waiting for those to come with V11 blades by default.
    That, far and away, would my preference as well. I wonder if a plan is in the works.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

While there are a few (okay, more than few) items lurking in my cart and hanging around on my wishlist, I don't think any of my money will be heading to Lee Valley this time around. I just got the last of my items from the last free shipping event (2 pair of NWS pliers that were backordered).

I'm stashing my pennies for the hoped for SawStop promotion this March or April. There's a 3hp PCS waiting to get into my shop. Next Free Shipping event will likely allow me to clear some of the stuff from my cart and wishlist though...
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

I also gave in (again!) and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a spokeshave and router plane along with other assorted accessories. Had them shipped to my work so I don't have to explain to SWMBO...plus I wouldn't want something valuable left on my doorstep.

LV LA Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Ungaro View Post
    Frederick, great choice! You will love that plane, I guarantee it. I need to make a hotdog and an angled shooting board for mine.
    Maurice, you and everyone else who told me about this tool were right. What a great tool! For fun, I used it side by side with my #5 Frankenplane. The bevel up plane cuts smoother and feels more comfortable to me.

Now I need to make a hot dog handle too and compare this plane to my #606 to see which I prefer for shooting.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Derek Cohen has a great tutorial on making a hotdog.
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Ungaro View Post
    Derek Cohen has a great tutorial on making a hotdog.
    Thanks for the tip!

Can we change the name of this thread? PLEASE???

Every time I check this forum...and someone has replied to this thread since the last time I was on this site...it pushes the thread towards the top of the page. And EVERY TIME I see it I think, "Oh wow! LV has free shipping!"

And then...every time...I am disappointed...

(I'm sorry. I just needed to cry on someone's shoulder for a minute. I'll be okay.)
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    Can we change the name of this thread? PLEASE???

Every time I check this forum...and someone has replied to this thread since the last time I was on this site...it pushes the thread towards the top of the page. And EVERY TIME I see it I think, "Oh wow! LV has free shipping!"

And then...every time...I am disappointed...

(I'm sorry. I just needed to cry on someone's shoulder for a minute. I'll be okay.)
    Harold, I know…..help IS available!
    Maurice

He who snoozes...
    I got mine.