Thread: Looking for plans for a cool st of TV trays...

Looking for plans for a cool st of TV trays...

My wife and I saw these in a store near Lancaster PA recently. The store owner said they were made locally, so I asked him if he thought the fellow would be willing to sell me the plans (Hey...it don't hurt to ask).

He...of course...said no.

HOWEVER, he did say that I could take pictures if I wanted to. What I WANTED to do was take them apart...take measurements...you know, the whole 9 yards.

Anyway, here are the pics. I thought they were pretty neat. Does anybody know where I could find plans for this style? (I would try and design them myself...but I'm too lazy. )

DSC04771.jpgDSC04770.jpg
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

I don't where to get the plans, but this youtube can refresh your memory every time.

You can add your own measurements.

I think this stool has the same structure as the tv trays you want.

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

The best version of this table design I've seen is by Ronald Walters on YouTube. He is a bit long winded, but it is a thorough video with dimensions of all the pieces at the end. Here's the link.

Blog Entries
    Google "portuguese folding table plans".

Popular Woodworking has plans to the table. http://www.popularwoodworking.com/ar...rtuguese-table

There are also Sketch-up plans available.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 02-13-2015 at 7:38 AM.

I don't have the plans but I did make one, I used one that a friend had as a pattern.

The only negitive is they are heavy.

I added 2 more dowels pins so they line up better on the tops and I also added a hand hold on the edge of the tops which makes it easier to set up and put down.

I made them out of red oak with walnut dowels.
    You have to put the finish on before you put it altogether or you have a real problem getting the finish where it needs to be and it still works.

I had to take mine all apart to finish it, and then had to do some sanding and refinishing to get it all back together and working right.

For me it was a real challenge to put together, all the parts and where they went to get them to work correctly.
    Once I got it together it was a really neat table and my son really liked it.

154907028.yVXABsWa.P3201427.jpg 154907027.HRamvYMW.P3201425.jpg 154907024.Xd1shwih.P3201424.jpg

You can find the drawings for the folding stool, a TV style table and a picnic table here in our archives.

My Dad and I made a couple hundred of these many years ago, it was a great way to get rid of some scrap white oak from projects we were building at the time. I suggest you use white oak for the folding stools if you decide to make them. Also pay particular attention to the dimensions in the plans when you drill the holes for the pivots
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    You can find the drawings for the folding stool, a TV style table and a picnic table here in our archives.

My Dad and I made a couple hundred of these many years ago, it was a great way to get rid of some scrap white oak from projects we were building at the time. I suggest you use white oak for the folding stools if you decide to make them. Also pay particular attention to the dimensions in the plans when you drill the holes for the pivots
    Archives??? Huh? What? Where???
    I am never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    I don't have the plans but I did make one, I used one that a friend had as a pattern.

The only negitive is they are heavy.

I added 2 more dowels pins so they line up better on the tops and I also added a hand hold on the edge of the tops which makes it easier to set up and put down.

I made them out of red oak with walnut dowels.
    You have to put the finish on before you put it altogether or you have a real problem getting the finish where it needs to be and it still works.

I had to take mine all apart to finish it, and then had to do some sanding and refinishing to get it all back together and working right.

For me it was a real challenge to put together, all the parts and where they went to get them to work correctly.
    Once I got it together it was a really neat table and my son really liked it.

154907028.yVXABsWa.P3201427.jpg 154907027.HRamvYMW.P3201425.jpg 154907024.Xd1shwih.P3201424.jpg
    Bill...that looks really nice!

I was going to PM you this, but I thought that maybe someone else may benefit from this as well, down the road. Would you be oh so kind as to give us measurements (table height, top size, leg length, pivot hole locations, etc.)???
    I am never wrong.

Archives = Old Threads

Do a search for folding furniture.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...king-for-plans
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-13-2015 at 1:39 PM.