Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart phone

Smart phone

I currently have a flip phone that I carry in a pouch on my belt. I was thinking of getting a smart phone with a 5 inch screen How do you carry one of these.

I carry the Samsung Galaxy S3 that is just a bit under 5" on the diagonal on the belt with a belt clip like this.

I'm sure there are different styles by different makers.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I have an smart phone that I wear with a similar belt holder. Easy to remove to answer.

Red
    RED

Hey, you are on a wood forum! Don't you wear carpenters jeans? I carry my iPhone 5 in the bigger right hand side pocket. When I dress up to go out on the town and want to make a fashion statement, I either wear cargo pants, or carry the phone in a calculator case (leather, HP, very stylish ...).

We just upgraded from Samsung S-3s to Samsung S-5s. I got a belt clip but typically just put it in my shirt pocket.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I carry mine in my pocket.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

They fit nicely in a purse.

I have a Samsung s4 and I use a Ottbox on it, it has a good protector that goes on the phone and then that just clips into a belt clip.
    I will have to add that Ottbox is a really good company and has great customer service. I had a little problem with the first one and sent them and email and within an hour I had the form to fill out and send them to make sure they sent me the right one. Then 4 days later I had a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I carry mine in my pocket.

Mike
    Me too but the phones just keep getting larger. Its getting difficult for a skinny guy carry one that way.
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

I carry too many things in my pocket now and my belt is getting loaded.

Wrangler Cargo pants have a slot in the cargo pockets that will hold the phone.

clip to belt or just as often to front pants pocket. I use same brand -"Ballistic" with the iPhone4 and now with the iPhone6plus. I'm walking construction sites all day long and constantly using the phone i.e. 60-80 times a day and this brand has not failed me yet

Listened to my local radio station (CBC Canada) a while back, and it was about men carrying phone in their front pocket, and women carrying it in their bra. Apparently neither are a good idea, if you believe the cancer causing theory...

I have mine (5S) in an Otter case on my belt, or front bib pocket when wearing my overalls in the shop.
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Bemont View Post
    I have an smart phone that I wear with a similar belt holder. Easy to remove to answer.

Red
    It's even easier to have a bluetooth headset. They're cheap and if you get a good one, you hardly ever have to touch the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I carry too many things in my pocket now and my belt is getting loaded.
    I would never carry a phone in a pocket, it's too prone to getting broken. A belt clip is the only way. You usually have a choice of a magnetic catch or a velcro one. I prefer velcro, I found that the magnetic ones were too easy to pop open unintentionally.