Thread: looking for giant plastic bag for a toy chest

looking for giant plastic bag for a toy chest

I need a plastic bag big enough to fit a toy chest 19 " tall, 22" deep and 40" long. My truck bed isn't covered so I don't want the chest to get wet if it's raining or the roads are slushy.

I live west of Minneapolis so a local source would be nice.

Thanks,
    Bill

Wrap it in a tarp. Or better, wrap it in a shipping blanket, then wrap that with a tarp. Both are readily available at your local Borg, and useful for other purposes afterward.

I would think a construction grade garbage bag would be big enough. They seem huge.

Go to almost any place that sell mattresses and they can probably give you one (or more)... Most new mattresses come in a big plastic bag...

Blog Entries
    You might try checking with a local friendly furniture store. Bed mattresses, sofas and other items often come packed in plastic bags.

Wow, same time as Ed posting. He must type faster.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Target has some very big recloseable bags you might find one there
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Go to your local mattress retailer. Mattresses come in large plastic bags and usually when they deliver your mattress the delivery guys take the bags with them.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Insulation also comes in large bags

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Aumiller View Post
    Go to almost any place that sell mattresses and they can probably give you one (or more)... Most new mattresses come in a big plastic bag...
    That would be my suggestion as well, I know those giant mattress bags come in a big roll, they'd probably give you one for free. Mattress sellers keep them on hand for when they need to deliver a mattress to a customer. Just find a place that sells mattresses and you ought to be able to get one for little or nothing. Also check with resellers, they might be even more apt to keep them around.

Menards carries a extra large, thick, contractor style refuse bag. I've found them to be very durable, resistant to puncture and typically larger than even the HD bag types.
    Mac

Moving stores also carry the mattress bags. You can also get shrink wrap at the local home center. I do prefer the moving blanket approach with a tarp and some duct tape though.